Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Years Parade...New Orleans Style


It was slow to start, but fun once things got underway. I guess one can't "rush" a New Orleans style parade and about 45 minutes behind schedule the parade got underway. It was fun watching the stars step by and then watch as the viewers joined in the parade. By the time the parade turned onto Pine Street and passed by Gracie's Restaurant it was in full swing.




The following photos are fun tidbits from today. Gerald & I enjoyed a bit of gumbo and French bread at Gracie's while watching the parade wend through the restaurant and downtown area. While we were waiting for the parade to start I took photos of various people waiting.
These are our local folks who came to participate... Bastrop isn't short on people looking to have a good time.











































Below are the leaders of the parade. The Steppers, Tremme Band, and Mardi Gras Indians.
















No comments: