Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Republican Convention

I listened to the speakers from the Republican convention and was left with something wanting. John McCain's speech was the only one that even began to resemble someone I would want leading our country. In many instances I thought he was sincere. There is no doubt in my mind that he is devoted to our country, but I think he is pandering to the old line Republicans in order to elect him. He indicates he wants to bring change to our political system, but can he really do that? Will the Republicans allow the kind of change McCain wants to bring about?

The things against him in my view are age and judgment. I fear at 72 years of age he is too old for the position. If something happened to him we would have a radical right winger in Sarah Palin to lead our country. For a group of people who were shouting "inexperience" when it came to Barack Obama they are now supporting a very inexperienced woman to run as vice president. I realize the purpose was to draw female voters into the Republican fold since Hillary Clinton is not on the Democratic ticket, but Sarah Palin cannot fill the space just because she is a woman. Therefore, I think McCain lacked good judgment in his selection of an inexperienced woman for VP.

No comments: