Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lost Generation

Many of you may be like me whereby
I sometimes have the feeling that
I am just a minority of people
who care what happens to our planet.

I am not naive enough to believe
that life can remain as it is today
nor that it can go back to less complex times.
Even if we could go back to a more
simple lifestyle, would that really be feasible?

This video is a palindrome.
When it is listened to or read forwards
the future of humans is quite forlorn;
but when listened to in reverse
there is quite the reason to rejoice
and to see hope.

I hope you enjoy this video.

The Lost Generation ~ A Palindrome


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so glad you posted this video on your blog otherwise I would not have known about it.

Seeker said...

WOW.... words failing dear... this is sooooooo well done.

And your header is sooooooo beautiful!!!!

My best wishes to you and G
xoxo

steven said...

very nice and inspiring. thanks lizzy. steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Thanks liZZie, Seeker, & steven! It is an inspiring video. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ellen abbott said...

definitely liked it better in reverse. but I know what you mean, how you feel. things are better now, more people are aware and that's good. back in my 20s and 30s I was the only one I knew who recycled (and it was not easy...I took paper to the big paper plant. cans to the metal scrap place and glass to another facility. now, there is curbside recycling and lots of people do it. and that's just one little thing. people are also more aware of the food they eat and whats in it.

Wanda..... said...

Thanks for the video, Lizzie...we try to do our best with recycling, repurposing items, gardening for ourselves as well as for the bees and the birds.

Jo said...

I've seen this lovely video many times, but it never fails to move me.

I fear that we are heading for a time when a "simpler lifestyle" will be forced upon us all, like it or not.

There are only so many resources on the planet, and it doesn't appear that anyone is willing to take the lead in creating sustainable options.