Saturday, December 24, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas Dinner

The table is set...

The flowers are arranged...

Over-done... isn't that part of the festivities?

Whoops... big flash.

The three reindeer... a new addition this year.

Very old ornaments; love the color.

My cypress tree forest... made by a Louisiana artisan.

He looks mischievous.


St. Nicholas & crystal cuties.

Ceremonial reindeer from Alaska.

Ready for the hor dourves

Funny little bubble-heads.
Gertie Girl, the Christmas dog.
Oh, I didn't get a photo of the cake that I made.
It is an Applesauce Cake made from the
recipe that my mother used every year
for over 50 years.
Can barely wait to test it.
I'll post a photo & the recipe tomorrow.

5 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Beautiful - so festive. I love the old ornaments and have a few left from when I was very little. Have a very Merry Christmas.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Merry Christmas!

JJRod'z

ellen abbott said...

Love the twiggy reindeer!

Seeker said...

Such nice details for Christmas Eve.... Hope you had a great one.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas with the stuff that Christmas is made of....
Much love
xoxo

karen said...

I love all your festive preparations - and my favourite is Gertie, the Christmas dog!

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas, and look forward to seeing that applesauce cake sometime!

New Year greetings to you from over here x