Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring in the Hill Country~2012

 Very near the intersection of Hwys. 290 & 281
the G-man & I saw this lovely pasture
as we came over the hill.
It is full of lavender moss verbena
and is quite stunning!



 While the G-man played in his golf tournament at
Riverhills Country Club in Kerrville, TX
Gertie & I had lunch along this beautiful stream
in Camp Verde located about half way between
Kerrville & Bandera.


Cactus and Prairie Verbena
 As we drove toward Fredericksburg from Kerrville
around 6:30 PM we came upon these beautiful spring treats.


 Oaks and bluebonnets with the 
sweetest aroma wafting through the air.

 Nice curving road going onto the ranch.
Wouldn't that be something to enjoy in springtime?
Prairie Verbena

4 comments:

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Thanks for sharing these!.. U are surely giving us the best tour of your place.

Have a great week ahead!..

JJRod'z

ellen abbott said...

beautiful pastures. My neighbor here who owns the 1/2 acre between us and his father just mowed yesterday cutting down all the evening primrose. I was really surprised because every other year since we have been here he lets it lay until the wild flowers go by.

Angela said...

I can smell the sweet aromas of those meadows, and I love the sight of the stream. Let`s have a picnic there!

Jo said...

Spring in the hill country is absolutely breathtaking! Oh, and your new header for the blog is scrumptious!!!

Thank you for sharing this glimpse of your home turf with us. ♥