Santa Elena Canyon
Big Bend National Park
For Christmas 2012, the G-man and I went to West Texas to golf, hike,
and take photographs of one of the most beautiful places in Texas.
Our friends, the Noonans (from the Chicago area), went along and we enjoyed
showing them some of our favorite spots.
We tried to cram 30 years of our discovery into a few days;
I think we did a fairly good job of it.
We hiked into the Santa Elena Canyon along the trail
leading up & down the canyon walls
where I was able to take this beautiful photograph
of the Rio Grande flowing through the canyon.
Entrance to Santa Elena Canyon
The white sand beach is at the beginning of the trail
with the Rio Grande just past the white sand.
Texas is on the right and
Mexico is the left canyon walls.
The Rio Grande Flowing Out of the Canyon
The Rio Grande flows out of this canyon
and meanders through the desert where it
flows through yet another canyon, Boquilles Canyon,
on its way to the Gulf of Mexico.
This land is spectacular but difficult with its
extremes in temperature, rainfall, and remoteness.
If you have never been to such a place
I hope you will one day visit one of
Texas' true treasures... Big Bend.

2 comments:
oh . . . gasp! you lucky lucky woman to see this!!! steven
Big Bend is awesome.
Post a Comment