Good Monday morning. January 2nd 2017 has arrived! Personally, 2016
was a difficult year and I'm glad to see the backside of it. My wish is
for all of us to have a year(s) fill with love, happiness, peace, joy,
prosperity, and meaning.
I just read an article about the need to pursue meaning over happiness in our lives. Living a life that is meaningful can also be living a happy life. I think they both go hand in hand. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/12/in-2017-pursue-meaning-instead-of-happiness.html
(The last paragraph in the article is quite poignant.)
I just read an article about the need to pursue meaning over happiness in our lives. Living a life that is meaningful can also be living a happy life. I think they both go hand in hand. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/12/in-2017-pursue-meaning-instead-of-happiness.html
(The last paragraph in the article is quite poignant.)
We have 18 days until the President-elect is sworn in as the new POTUS.
There are 19 days until the Women's March on Washington. The "Women's March on Washington" will undoubtedly include men as well. The generations who have come after me are concerned about rights for humans. They are concerned that their children grow up in a world where equality is the norm. I don't think the younger generation will sit back and let human rights slip away. If they don't now, they soon will have children of their own and I feel sure (no, I know) they will want the same advantages and respect for their daughters and sons.
The march aims to "'send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights,' according to the event's official website."
I will not be in Washington and I doubt I'll be in Austin for the march there. The March does need to occur, but I only hope it will not produce violence. I want it to successfully show women in solidarity; to show a "meaningfulness". Women of my age have gone through a lot to get where we are today and I hope the generations of women that have come behind me will not let these successes, in which they reap the benefits, fall by the wayside. I don't want younger women and men to have to fight for women's rights again!
The march aims to "'send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights,' according to the event's official website."
I will not be in Washington and I doubt I'll be in Austin for the march there. The March does need to occur, but I only hope it will not produce violence. I want it to successfully show women in solidarity; to show a "meaningfulness". Women of my age have gone through a lot to get where we are today and I hope the generations of women that have come behind me will not let these successes, in which they reap the benefits, fall by the wayside. I don't want younger women and men to have to fight for women's rights again!
No comments:
Post a Comment