While we were in California we went to a fun street festival. On Thursday evenings in Palm Springs a street festival is held on a main street. Traffic is shut down and vendors come to sell their wares. There were many produce vendors selling fresh fruits and vegetables and also artists and crafts people selling their wares. Along with these vendors were booths set up by political parties, masseurs, a pet booth, and my personal favorite, a Rabbi with the signage on his booth stating, "Ask the Rabbi".
"Ask the Rabbi" was the first vendor I spotted.
During the course of the evening I noted that the Rabbi
had several people come up to talk to him.
I wondered what they were discussing...
Next came the pets.

and the pet owners...



...and the pet shop.




Isn't this little painting adorable?
I love the whole thing with the dogs...
Everyone seems to bring their dogs out for a stroll.
Gertie would have loved it!
The weather is quite pleasant after the sun gets low in the sky.
Outdoor cafes abound.
Restaurants and coffee shops all have outdoor seating.


Of course with this being California, everyone has a cause!
It seems Palm Springs is quite political.
The first booth I saw was a Republican one.
So, of course, I had to wander around looking for
folks who where more in line with my politics...

Republicans...

Democrats...

Young women with their own message...

Of course there were many fruit & vegetable vendors...




...and pastries

...and strange entertainers

front...

...and rear
Interesting art work was on display...




Woman spinning wool into yarn...

The G-Man sitting beside a sculpture of Sonny Bono.
Many of you will probably remember Sonny from "Sonny & Cher".
He was also the mayor of Palm Springs until his death due to a skiing accident.
We had a fun evening just wandering around
and enjoying the culture of Palm Springs'
Thursday evening night life.
6 comments:
Oh, tons of fun! Thanks for the tour of the festival. Looks like there were a lot of interesting people milling about. Wow to those planter-pendant lights. Hope they weren't too heavy. And the statue of Sonny. Man, they gave him really good pectoral muscles!
Wow Lizzy, that was a brilliant, interesting and ennervating series of photographs.
I so wish I could have joined you, and I would certainly have asked the Rabbi something!
Fantastic post.
Ask the Rabbi! oh, how interesting!
I wonder if my brother was anywhere around playing his guitar and wearing his guitar glasses and his Superman Cape! *laugh* - no really -- :)
Cool. I really like the Dachshund pix. As I have 3 of them, I just couldn't take my eyes off that cutie patootie.
Did you get over to neighboring Palm Desert as well? Lots of fun things to see there as well.
That Ask a Rabbi booth is just too delicious. I wish I'd snapped that pix. Just thinking of a funny post I could write with that pix. I may have to borrow that. I'll let you know.
Your blog is like my own personal Travel Channel!
lol...loved the Rabbi....in fact loved the whole thing! Looks like a lotta fun...
Er...just one thing though....a sculpture of Sonny Bono???
:)))
Post a Comment