After leaving Savannah our destination was the Brunswick area where we planned to visit Jekyll Island, St. Simons Island, and Sea Island. The following are photos from Jekyll, St. Simons, and the town of Brunswick. As it turned out Sea Island is a gated community and alas we could think of no one to ring up to invite us onto the island.
Each of the "titles" are linked to a web site giving more information about the area. You can also "click" on each photo to enlarge it for better detail.
I would enjoy spending a few more days here exploring this pretty setting. Maybe on our next trip back to this part of the world. We should be back in the area sometime this summer and it would be interesting to see what it is like in summer.
6 comments:
Hey Lizzy!
You were in my neck of the woods for a bit, weren't you? Glad to know your swell vibe was near. I've never been to St. Simon's Island, but hubby and I bid on a trip to St. Simon's a year ago in a silent auction at a charity event, and we gave the trip to his sister (who was recovering from cancer), so she and her family could just 'get away from it all' and she loved it.
It's nice to know a fellow blog pal shared the same experience of St. Simon's! And your pictures (as always) are phenomenal. Your blog and your pictures are like a free trip around the world.
Big hug,
Corey
Corey, I'm so glad you enjoyed my little jaunt! It was fun & I did pass through your town lickity split. I waved as I zoomed down I-20. You & hubby should take a little driving trip to Savannah & on down to Brunswick. Beautiful wetlands between the two cities. Had some good food at Sea Jays on Jekyll.
I love that area--I was only there once, but it's a vivid memory. All the photos are great, but I especially liked the wood stork!
Gorgeous shots! Georgia has some beautiful country! I have not been south- not THAT south anyway and can see that I might want to put that on my list of things to do.
Beautiful!
I used to live in Georga and haven't been back there for many, many years. It was great to see the photos and all. Thank you.
Great shots--thanks for sharing. I especially liked the view from the library steps.
Post a Comment