Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a new day...

What a beautiful morning it is in central Texas!
The G-man & I are feeling much better
and this gorgeous morning helps much.

The birds are a-twitter in the back yard,
New grass blades are poking their heads
through the dead grass,
and the Carolina jasmine is blooming.
The Buff-bellied Hummingbird is still here
and enjoying the jasmine blossoms.
Life is good!

3 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Life is good here too. Sunny, in the 50s, no wind. Lovely day to you.

R. Burnett Baker said...

Thank you Lizzy, for your comforting words. Glad you are both getting better...there has been a bit of head cold flying around here and back home in Texas. But I knocked it back in a couple of days with Coldeeze and Ziacam!

It's amazing how your photos bring me home. I can smell the pine needles, feel the cool/warm dampness of the morning fog, and smell the live oaks even when there aren't any in your photos!! I think I even heard a crow in the distance......

Beautiful!

Rick

Shirleyanne said...

Good you're feeling better. Too many germs about this time of year!
Lovely photos! Take care