Thursday, March 18, 2010

Photo Tag


Portrait of Beau taken by his master Daniel Jenkins

This is a photo of my ex-husband's dog, Beau. Daniel & Beau live in a small seaside town in Australia. Daniel is an artist and Beau is... well Beau, is his best buddy.

When Daniel & I were married way back in the 1970s we had a great dog named Beau. Unfortunately on my birthday Beau was hit by a car and killed instantly. Neither Dan nor I have ever forgotten this wonderful little dog we had who, if he had lived, would have grown up to be a big dog like the current Beau.

Daniel's emails to me are always signed: luv, dj & b

Isn't this a wonderful portrait? Daniel just had a photographic opening in the town of Metung where he lives. This July he will have a bigger show in Melbourne. He is a photographer and sculptor and I have had pieces of his in blogs in the past.

Photo Tag Rules:

1. Go to your first photo file and pick the 10th photo in it.

2. Tell the story behind the photo.

3. Tag 5 other people to do likewise (I'm not tagging anyone, but please take this & fly with it if you'd like to participate).

4 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Thanks for not tagging! Lovely picture! Great memory!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous photo and dog! He is wonderful. :D

xxx said...

Great photo and a beautiful story.

I like it that you have fond memories and a friendship with your exhusband.

I haven't been to Melbourne for a very long while. It's a wonderful city.

best wishes
Ribbon

Delwyn said...

Hi there Lizzy

I love the tones in this photograph of Beau... you sound as if you really loved the old Beau...and have very fond memories of him...

Happy days