Thursday, March 11, 2010

Redbud Cafe, Blanco, TX

While in Blanco, TX last weekend I walked around in the early morning taking photographs while the G-man slept late. He needs his strength for his golf tournament this afternoon & I need to roam about town.

I found a cute cafe, pub, bakery on the square just across the street from the old Blanco County Courthouse. It is the Redbud Cafe and looks very inviting. They don't open until 10:30 so I'll have to have a look-see from the exterior until later this afternoon.


Outside looking in...



Boot sculpture in front window.


More from the street...


Yippee, the restaurant is open
and I am desirous of a glass of the local wine
and a pastry for a mid-afternoon delight.


Even though the temperature is a bit cool
and the day is drab

I have my wine & pastry on the sidewalk tables.
Gertie will like this because she can sit with me.

My pastry is lovely.
It is a cheese Danish with fresh strawberries
The crust is flaky & light.
It's even better than the pastries at
Sweetish Hill Bakery in Austin!

A few hours later the G-man & I stop for a light supper
before heading back home.

I had a scrumptious chicken salad sandwich on homemade bread
and the G-man had a hamburger which he said was outstanding.


The sculpture is from a local artist (didn't get the name)
and the textiles are huipils from Mexico.


Close-up of sculpture
wood & metal...


Above the coffee bar are paintings for sale...



Interior shot of tables & artwork...



Wood & stone sculptures in each front window
Looking out a back window

The shot above is looking into the little art shop next door.
They sell items from Mexico and pottery from local artisans.



Now we'll head back home & look forward to visiting another day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

The cafe is fabulous! Glad you let G-man sleep in.

Slamdunk said...

It looks like a fun walk and browse experience. Great photos as usual.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the pictures you take of your travels. (I'm sure I've said that before.) It's like one big travel scrapbook!