The wife of one of my husband's friends came along on the trip and she & I ran into each other on morning. From then on we took our early morning walks together and had breakfast at a cute little cafe (Elizabeth's Cafe) near the hotel. I'm not too big on hotel dining and this was a cute little breakfast ~ lunch place frequented by regulars and visitors alike.
It turned out that Velma loves the beach too, so she & I would go for a couple of hours each day. We'd sit in the surf, walk, read, chat and just enjoy looking out at the Atlantic Ocean. It's not often that I get to spend time at the beach. Neither of our husbands particularly like the ocean so it was nice that she & I met up.
So far this place has been my favorite golfing destination. I enjoyed the golf, but most of all I enjoyed the surrounding area. There was great food, surf, birds, and sun. Thirty years ago it would have been sex, drugs and rock & roll (well not really); now it's nature, serenity, companionship... the good things in life... priceless.
4 comments:
Hi Lizzy
your watery photos are beautiful. I'm glad you have been enjoying this holiday and have found some accidental company to share it with.
I really like your trifecta of nature, serenity, companionship ...those three essential elements for a happy life...
Happy days
PS. I got the postcard...have I won a holiday at Sawgrass????
Loved the glistening water photos, Lizzy. Lovely area fpr a morning walk!
it's interesting lizzy how we arrive at a place that allows the simpest and yet richest things in life into our experience. i'm glad you've had such a great holiday! steven
Beautiful resort! Glad you found good company too.
Post a Comment