Monday, August 29, 2011

Abandoned America ~ New Mexico

Mill in valley at Pendaries.
 
Amongst the beautiful scenery of New Mexico
one finds many examples of abandonment.

Perhaps because it is New Mexico
much of these sights add to the charm
of this beautiful land.


The sky in this photo is glorious.
 Tess at Life at Willow Manor began a series of 
photographs entitled "Abandoned America".

In my travels across the country I come across many 
abandoned buildings, homes, and even towns.

I decided to follow Tess' lead in photographing
and sharing some of these sights.

Adobe building.


 These photographs are from the drive from Rociada to Mora, N.M.




Most of these need no explanation.
They are just abandoned structures that were 
sheds or homes or barns in a previous life.

One wonders what happened.
Did the people move on or die?
Did the structure outlive it's usefulness?


Travels are over...

Collapsing.

Remains of an adobe structure.


Barn

3 comments:

Susan Tiner said...

Beautiful photos. I really miss the New Mexico sky.

Leslie Parsley said...

Gorgeous photos. I too love New Mexico. That "travels are over" could be my next home. ; )

Jo said...

Such beautiful photos of such splendid structures.

They never lose their soul.