These are photos taken at Mitchell Lake
just south of San Antonio, TX
in the spring of 2011.
It is nice to look back on these photos
to see just how green our country can be.
We are still begging for rain.
| Dove |
| The Bastrop birders... |
On another note, the G-man & I are back in our home.
It has been scrubbed from stem to stern.
Insulation has been removed from the attic
and tomorrow a group will clean the attic.
The following day new insulation will be installed by
the Two Greengos.
Catchy name for an insulation company.
| Water fowl |
Gertie is happy to be home
and Miss Kitty is glad to have us back.
They both are sleeping in their respective places as I type.
There will be a lot to be done outside because
our little part of the forest is burned, burned, burned.
| Cowbirds |
If anyone has extra rain please send it to
Alele Drive in Bastrop.
| Moth |
| Redwing blackbird |
| Cacti in bloom |
11 comments:
Cheryl,
Just came by to see your blog as Lizzy. So glad that tings are getting back to normal for you. I will send some of our afternoon rains to you!
Thanks Anne, I'm glad you visited. We would love the rains!!!
Every time it rains here I think of Texas....I wish I could send it your way. Glad you are moving on and still in your home. Hopefully, some of your neighbors will decide to start over and rebuild in the neighborhood.
Rick
The Cacti were beautiful in their spring blooms, Cheryl. Glad you are back in your home; wish that I could send some rain your way.
beautiful green world. i wish you rain!! steven
i know it will take some time to put it back the way it is before, but it will be. I love your good attitude towards all of this. God bless!
JJRod'z
Rick, we have 2 neighbors very close and they will be staying. It's iffy whether any others will rebuild. The fire was so hot that many of the foundations are ruined. Also, most people bought or built here to enjoy the beauty of the pines. Now about the only pines in the neighborhood are on our land. Can't really blame folks for now wanting to stay, but I think it will come back eventually. It'll just be very different.
Rain, rain, rain... Wanda & steven I wish you could send some our way!
JJ, thanks for your kind words. Once we get started on the outdoors I'll put up some photos.
Hi Cheryl
I enjoyed seeing the green of Texas, and particularly love the stunning top header photo...
I'm glad you are settled and can live comfortably even if surrounded in charred forest...for now....
All of the photos are so spectacular as usual, but the one at the top is drop-dead beautiful. Oh my!
I'm sure you're emotionally and physically exhausted at this point but I'm glad things are slowly getting back to some semblance of normalcy, if there is such a thing. Wish I could send you some of this mid-TN rain.
Post a Comment