Friday, October 3, 2014

A Morning Walk with Jake




Approaching the old bridge in downtown Bastrop,
Jake & I think it is going to be a lovely day.


Looking up through the bridge beams the sky is indeed
a gorgeous blue.



Looking south from the bridge at the Colorado River.



I have absolutely no idea what all these locks are doing here,
but it makes for an interesting photo and conversation.
Me: "Jake, why do you think these locks are on the fence?"
Jake: Soulful eyes look at me and he appears to shrug.


The newest restaurant in these old "historic" buildings in
an area called The Crossing.
This one is called Neighbor's and is a pizza restaurant 
with a great view of the Colorado River.


2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

the locks are the new fad. apparently started in Paris. they are called 'locks of love' and people put their names on them I guess and lock them onto bridge railings. Paris officials are asking people to stop doing it because many of the bridges have so many locks on them that they fear for the structural integrity of the bridges.

R. Burnett Baker said...

Good to see water in the river!

I'll bet the locks are a copy-cat attempt at replicating the 'love locks' in France.

http://www.bonjourparis.com/story/paris-love-locks-love-that-wont-die/