Monday, September 7, 2009

Blue Monday ~ Ahhh, Yet Another Blue Vehicle!

On our morning walk I saw this 1973 Jeep at a neighbor's house.
It has been newly restored;
put together from many pieces.
The neighbor introduced his friend
& owner of the Jeep, Ray Blackwell.
As you can see, he is very proud of the end result
and terrifically happy to be able to ride around in it.


I love the dashboard with the old circular speedometer,
fuel and oil gauges, & a couple of other dials.


I think the color is quite lovely & appropriate for "Blue Monday".


The grille & headlights are beautiful.

Jeep, what a funny name for a vehicle!

8 comments:

steven said...

lizzy - cool blue wheels. not as pretty as the previous two but cool!!!! steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Steven, guess I'll have to try harder to live up to the previous two, but you are right this one isn't yet vintage... no comparison!

Delwyn said...

Well I think its pretty cool Lizzy but then I am a Jeep girl...

Happy days

Cheryl Cato said...

Delwyn, some of my favorite memories are of riding around with my wonderful Aunt Dot in her husband's old farm Jeep. We would ride from town to the farms just bumping & jostling along... it was a happy time!
Lizzy

secret agent woman said...

He did a nice job on that Jeep. I like the dash, too.

A Cuban In London said...

It is a funny name, indeed. Good photos and good blue, I am a fan of the colour,

Greetings from London.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Very cool - and beautifully restored. I'd love to give it a whirl around the block, down the highway, along the beach . . . bye, bye!

Angela said...

A great car, and a funny name indeed. It sounds like blowing a horn, or does it have an actual meaning? Hello to you from Germany, Cheryl!