Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Ridin' Along in My Automobile

No Particular Place to Go
by Chuck Berry

Riding along in my automobile
My baby beside me at the wheel
I stole a kiss at the turn of a mile
my curiosity running wild
cruisin' and playin' the radio
with no particular place to go


We are actually driving through the Kaibab National Forest
on the way into the Grand Canyon National Park.


In my last post I spoke of how the aspen take over after a fire.
Below is a good example of how this looks.
Many new aspen trees are covering the hillside.


The next photo shows how the aspen look after a few years.
You can see the evergreens interspersed among the aspen - or vice versa.


Lovely meadow where a water hole is fenced off to keep the cattle out, but allow the wildlife to jump the fence to obtain their water. Interesting way of doing things, but effective as cattle usually will not jump a fence. The cattle roam freely in this area and have another water source. We however did not see any cattle and I suspect they have been moved to another location in readiness for the harsh winter that is approaching.


Beautiful aspens.

5 comments:

Dave King said...

I used to "sing" (using the word loosely) that all the time, but imagined a bare and uninteresting background - nothing like the beauties of your photographs.

Cheryl Cato said...

Dave, it really was beautiful and was the first time I had seen aspens in their full fall colors. It was special.
Lizzy

Rosaria Williams said...

Love these photos! Aspens take my breath away.
Do pick up the Sisterhood award at my blog, please. You've been a constant companion ever since...

alaine@éclectique said...

Beautiful countryside.

steven said...

hello lizzy - the aspens are so beautiful!!!! i especially love the last picture. like slender girls gathered before a party. have a lovely day. steven