Thursday, April 8, 2010

Garden in Willow City, TX

Willow City is the beginning of the Willow City Loop where the wildflowers of yesterday's post were shot. This is a pretty yard and I wish I had taken photos of more of the very tiny Texas town. There are perhaps 3 little businesses there where one can buy drinks and a sandwich. I don't know why I didn't take the time to capture those shots. There were two men (actually, I felt like I was intruding so no photos) sitting in the shade playing dominoes, folks at the beer stop, and one couple toolin' around in their vintage Thunderbird.


Pretty yard in Willow City, TX


Tooling around Willow City.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Did I ever tell you I loved Texas? When I passed through it, back in 1965, I wrote home to my girlfriend Ulla who luckily saved all my letters, "All the men wear Stetson hats and are tall and good-looking, and the food is new to me (black-eyed peas and okra) and they all speak this fabulous Texas drawl and have horses, and the whole state is huge and very different from east to west. In El Paso I took a bath in the Rio Pecos, and in the eastern part there were beautiful ranches and farms. Yes, I think if I had the choice to select a place in the US, I would pick Texas!"

Leslie Parsley said...

Gosh, thanks. If you hadn't stopped by parsleyspics, I never would have found my way over here and would have missed out on all your stunning photographs. They are absolutely beautiful - used to live in Texas way back when.

Will definitely add you to my blog list so I can keep up with what you're doing.

steven said...

lizzy what a luscious place to live! lucky lucky you. steven

Anonymous said...

Great photos! such pretty little buildings, with gardens and wheels. Very quaint. Looks nice and green too! Love the old T-Bird!!...debbie

Slamdunk said...

I would enjoy seeing that part of Texas now. Thanks for allowing me to enjoy some images.

Reya Mellicker said...

Wow. That is one hulkin star in the top pic. It is a pretty yard.

You two get around! I love it that you're always checking out your terrain.

Karena said...

Lizzy, love your site and images, very inspirationsl!@!

I have a new post up I think you will enjoy!

Karena
Art by Karena

R. Burnett Baker said...

God's country, to be sure!

Rick

K. said...

You're making me homesick.