Thursday, April 1, 2010

Morning Drive... Spring on Hwy 304

Wednesday morning was beautiful.
The air was cool & crisp with a clear, blue sky.

I decided to drive down Hwy 304
just west & south of Bastrop.


Above is the livestock arena where animals are auctioned each Wednesday.


When I got out of the car to take photographs
I was enveloped by the scent of wild flowers.
It always amazes me that the smell is so aromatic.
I don't expect the scent; I only expect to enjoy the color.




The ranch land is beautiful with its green grass
sprinkled with red and blue flowers.



This ranch land is for sale.

The land to the left is part of the acreage for sale.
If I were younger...

Across the highway is another piece of property where goats roam.




The little stretch of roadway shown today
is located in the areareferred to as Hills Prairie.



Hills Prairie Baptist Church is ready for Easter Services.


Over the next few days I'll add more country side photos.

1 comment:

ellen abbott said...

We drove to Chappell Hill and back yesterday and enjoyed all the wildflowers. Besides the bluebonnets and indian paintbrush, we also saw a lot of coreopsis.