Angela, I always think of Plexiglas as sort of clattering rather than tinkling. I didn't know it was a German word... I went to Wikipedia (not the greatest source, but easy) to find out more. The info is below & the name of the company definitely sounds German although it was marketed in the US. "The material was developed in 1928 in various laboratories, and was first brought to market in 1933 by Rohm and Haas Company, under the trademark Plexiglas."
8 comments:
is that glass?
I'm not sure Ellen. It was so high up that I couldn't really tell. It may have been some type metal.
Looking at a magnified version it almost looks like Plexiglas.
Oooh, pretty. It looks like glass to me.
I need some of those sparkles for my upper window!
Plexiglas is a German word! I wonder if it makes a sound? Glass does, but Plexiglass wouldn`t, would it? It is pretty anyway.
Angela, I always think of Plexiglas as sort of clattering rather than tinkling. I didn't know it was a German word... I went to Wikipedia (not the greatest source, but easy) to find out more. The info is below & the name of the company definitely sounds German although it was marketed in the US.
"The material was developed in 1928 in various laboratories, and was first brought to market in 1933 by Rohm and Haas Company, under the trademark Plexiglas."
Great post! It does indeed.
Post a Comment