Saturday, September 11, 2010

Peaceful Scenes ~ Place for Quiet Reflection

When I want to be peaceful I tend to think of wide-open spaces
and my mind gravitates to beautiful places in New Mexico.
I'm letting my mind travel there today.

Peace ~ Love ~ Happiness

Pendaries, New Mexico

New Mexico

Looking down on the town of Mora, New Mexico



"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where
there is sadness, joy."
... St. Francis of Assissi


It is a tall order, but one worth the effort...

8 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful and really making-you-breathe-deeply pictures! I keep thinking of New Mexico as a dry, barren country, but this looks so green!
What I like best about St. Francis is that he used to be a wild, spoiled young man who was good-for-nothing, and then he turned into a real wise man. So there is hope for everyone, right?

Cheryl Cato said...

Right... I keep thinking there is hope for me.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That. Is. God's. Country. These pictures remind me of how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things, but yet so important at the same time.

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy

to aspire to those things means you are becoming those things...

I used to say this prayer before meeting with clients when I counselled.

Happy days

R. Burnett Baker said...

Beautiful photos. Beautiful place for the mind to wander and spirit to breathe.

Rick

R. Burnett Baker said...

Beautiful photos. Beautiful place for the mind to wander, and the spirit to renew.

Rick

Wanda..... said...

Peace, Love and Happiness to you Lizzie.
The view of Mora, New Mexico could be the mountains of Virginia, where I visited my grandparents!

Cheryl Cato said...

Rick, I like that... for the spirit to renew & breathe!

Wanda, it is a beautiful place. One of those places where I just daydream.