Autumn in Bastrop
10~10~10
What a glorious day!

The winding road leads me to

the cliffs above the Colorado

where the clear waters of autumn

pass us by on the way to the sea.
In the northern hemisphere autumn is in the air even in central Texas.
It is the perfect time to be out of the house for walks, golf & working in the yard.
9 comments:
beautiful pics thank you - what a lovely area
Hi Lizzy
have you made a new layout. it looks lovely.Thanks for autumn in your neck of the woods.
Happy days
Somehow, the Colorado River and clear just don't go together in my mind.
This is so beautiful! Great Autumnal feel...
Ellen, you may not be able to tell by these photos, but along this stretch it is very clear & oh so inviting!
How stunning, Lizzie, This is such a beautiful river - and I always thought only of the part of it in Arizona. But oh my, yes yes, I would love to take a walk along it with you!
Angela, this is a different Colorado River; it originates just south of Lubbock, TX on the Llano Estacado (Staked Plains). The Colorado wends its way southeasterly through Austin and on to the Gulf of Mexico emptying itself into Magagorda Bay. There are several reservoirs along the way which make wonderful lakes for all to enjoy. When I lived in Austin I lived 2 blocks from the river & a wonderfully long walking, running, biking trail around it.
Lizzie, can you send me a picture postcard for my collection? This is sooo beautiful!
Oh, I read about the Llano Estacado, funny it is real! Also, when we drove through Wyoming, I saw the tiny train station Tie Siding about which I had read before - amazing! And in Texas I took a bath in the Pecos River, just to make my brother envious. What a wonderful experience when our imagination becomes real. Oh, I wish I could REALLY walk along your Colorado River with you!
Stunning photos, at this time of year over here, I already have to wear my hat & scarf to go out brrr.
Post a Comment