Saturday, October 30, 2010

Austin's Rally to Restore Sanity


The weather was perfect.
The mood was good.
We didn't produce as many folks as DC
but we had fun.
The DC event was simulcast on the big screen
so we felt very involved!


It's really not... DC's was much better
but
We're bigger than DC.




Out of the mouth of babes!


"BE Excellent to each other
take it down a notch, dude!"

Maybe,

but not calmer than this little guy!


Couldn't resist the lady with the hat!



Yeah, me too!

8 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I think this is a great sentiment and a wonderful pouring of that sentiment but I wonder what it means exactly, what would be the manifestation of 'restoring sanity'?

Cheryl Cato said...

Do you think "restoring sanity" could actually manifest itself if people of differing views took a step back, breathed, listened and carried on a civil discourse? That would be a good thing. Will it happen? I doubt it.

Bee said...

This seems like a very positive movement . . . and one that is desperately necessary! The "tone" of our news from the U.S. has been worryingly strident . . . and more than a bit crazy.

I got such a kick out of your pictures -- and the various "slogans." How I miss Austin! Nice to be reminded that folks there have a good sense of humor . . . and style.

Cheryl Cato said...

Bee, thanks for dropping by... we could use you back in the states. We need every civil-tongued person we can get... and yes, Austin does look at things a bit differently than the rest of the state.

One Fly said...

Good for you Lizzy. Never been to Austin but it's well known there's more sanity there than much of the rest of Texas. Thanks for the pictures!

Seeker said...

I agree with Bee, seems to me a very positive movement....
And your pictures are great as per usual.

Luv
xoxo

Julia said...

what a great movement. @One Fly Yeah, I'm an Austinite. I assure you that's it's very, very sane.

Folkways Note Book said...

Great to view your grass roots involvement in the sanity of our country. Your photos were wonderful. I am afraid the people's voice is being washed out by the big money of the corporate world. With the supreme court decision to allow corporations to give any amount to candidates we the US citizens are the losers. Now all elections can be bought. It would be great if some citizens developed a strategy of how to get around this ridiculous situation or if someone challenges this supreme court decision or has someone already done do? -- barbaras