Monday, November 8, 2010

Celebrating Our 5th Anniversary and a Few Thoughts

Today the G-man & I celebrate our 5th anniversary. This photo was taken in Las Vegas when we were on our honeymoon. We stayed at Caesar's Palace & saw Celine Dion's show.

It is amazing to me that even as we get older we are capable of finding love. At this stage in life we darn sure want to get it right because there may not be many more chances.

The last five years have been great and I think especially so since I retired. Now we have the freedom to go and do without too many constraints.

There was a financial article in today's paper about getting older and having happiness. The author is nearing his 70th birthday and wanted to state that though money allows us to do things; it does not bring us happiness. Happiness can exist whether we are rich, poor, or just somewhere in the middle.

Another blog that I read today also discusses happiness even in the hardest of times. In it the author talks about families coming together in hard times to love and support one another. This coming together occurred in the Depression era, later during World War II, and is happening again in the hard times that our country is now experiencing. Love, compassion, happiness is found in helping one another, in family helping family.

Love. When it comes right down to it love is perhaps the most important commodity we have. Love, respect, compassion. Yes, these three things will win out every time. I'm certainly happy that I have found those things in life with my G-man.

4 comments:

Bee said...

And unlike other things, love is inexhaustible.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Cheryl Cato said...

Bee, what a love-ly way to phrase it. Thanks.

Seeker said...

Happy Anniversary, dear!!!!!!!
Best wishes to you both, you look amazing in that photo.

Love
xoxo

That photo on your header is soooooo gorgeous!!!!!!

Delwyn said...

Lucky you Lizzie...

and I know you treasure that love and relationship...

Happy anniversary