I think this was Gertie's first time to be in snow and she's almost 13 years old. It's been a long time since we had snow in central Texas although further east has had a good bit the last couple of years. There is more humidity along the coast which caused a big snowfall there a couple of years ago. Then we were in a huge drought so we missed out on rain & snow.
North Texas is no stranger to snow. Snow falls every year from Dallas to Lubbock & north into the Panhandle. The G-man's sister called on the 2nd to wish him a happy birthday & told us about the zero degree temperatures & snow they were experiencing. Brrr!
Below are some photos from around the area taken this morning.
12 comments:
lizzy it looks like home- only warmer!!! snuggle under your covers tonight!!! steven
Absolutely breathtaking photos, Cheryl!
I love the white of the snow upon the still green landscape. It's white upon gray and sepia here.
Gertie is looking chic in her little sweater...what a cutie.
Thanks for taking us out with you today and reminding us that snow doesn't have to be two feet deep to take our breath away!
Absolutely breathtaking photos, Cheryl!
I love the white snow upon the still green landscape. Here in Missouri it's white on gray and darker gray.
Gertie looks fetching (no pun intended) in her little sweater...what a cutie!
Thanks for taking us on a beautiful walk outside today.
Gertie looks sweet! It's about 11C here today, wet and windy but quite mild. I wonder if we'll get more snow this year. Snowdrops are out and various shrubs etc have buds. Weather extremes worldwide seem worryingly commonplace.
Lizzy -- Love your header photo and your sweet Gertie photo. Nice that you didn't get the big pile of snow that I thought Texas was receiving -- I guess it was on the east side. also, you didn't get those horrible low temperatures. I rode through the panhadle of Texas one year long ago and it was scary with ice. I guess the northern part of Texas gets the worst of the winter weather. -- barbara
Yeah! Snow in Texas! I enjoy snow. Now that I'm back up north in NYC it's everywhere. The first snowfall of the season is always nice, but a few days after (and until the Spring thaw), it's black and splattered with the color of dog pee. I always find it interesting that something so cumbersome as snow reveals so much about us in our daily lives that we ordinarily wouldn't see otherwise.
oh i love Gertie's jersey, and that bend on the Colorado River. What awesome pictures! thank you
The only time I saw Texas was in summer, and that was El Paso and Dallas which both were very hot! So yes, interesting pictures! Lovely proud Gertie!
I bet you had a lot of excitement with the Super Bowl!
Gertie is so gorgeous! Beautiful snow pics, too.. I loved all the photographic trips - especially The Window,and the desert grave..
Stunning photos, Cheryl!
Gertie is a little love, isn't she? Your snow pictures are beautiful. Sorry I'm so late getting here to post. I'm glad i came by. The Colorado River is so gracefully flowing. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl. =D
Gorgeous pics!Love them all. :)
I sent you a friend request on FB, so you won't have to miss me anymore.♥
Post a Comment