Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring is Coming to Central Texas


March 1st arrives in central Texas tomorrow
and with it comes the beauty of spring.


Flowering fruit trees,
red buds,
greening of oaks and willows
will be breaking out in
the weeks to come.


Once again we'll try to have a garden of
pretty flowers,
but as dry as it gets here blooms will come
early in spring or wait until autumn.


Enjoy your trips to the nurseries!


I shall try to get back to blogging.
I overdid it in our yard about 3 weeks ago
and have been recuperating from strained muscles.
It's not fun.
At my age it is much more difficult to bounce back.
All this has even effected the time I spend at the computer;
sitting for long spells is somewhat painful.
My chiropractor and regular physician are getting me
back in the swing of things.
Ciao and happy March!

10 comments:

steven said...

so cool to see your return lizzy and surrounded by a bevy of beautiful bough-borne bouquets!!!! i wish you continued imporvment in your health. steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Thank you Steven! I hope to post a bit more in the days to come if my aching back will allow me to sit long enough! :-) Lizzy

R. Burnett Baker said...

Didn't know you had been under the weather... Get better!

Great photos... It'll be a good eight weeks before we see the blooms like this here in Western NY. Can't wait!

Will be in Texas (Houston and Shepherd) April 3-10th, and looking forward to seeing my mother, family, and warmth! Best to you!

Rick

Cheryl Cato said...

Hi Rick, so nice to see you popping by and thanks for the good wishes. Yes, spring is busting out here... just beginning.

I know you are looking forward to your visit and to experience some nice warm days (by then it may be HOT).

Cheryl

ellen abbott said...

so sorry you are still suffering.

the red buds here seemed to pop out in full bloom overnight. Many of the trees too put on their green suddenly.

Cheryl Cato said...

Amazing isn't it, Ellen? One day things are gray; the next hints of green, pink, & white!

Jo said...

What lively color is in store for us this spring! Thank you for the glimpse of what's to come.

I hope you're feeling better every day, able to soon get out and enjoy the precious springtime. I guess we won't have to remind you to not overdue now, will we?


Take good care, Cheryl.

Val said...

spring is such an exciting time of year and those trees are so beautiful. I hope you are feeling better very soon

Unknown said...

It looks so lovely there--winter is hanging on longer than usual here in the Idaho rangeland--no bare ground to speak of yet, which is unusual at our elevation on March 1. Sorry to hear about your back. Feel better!

HKatz said...

I hope you feel better soon.

The photos are beautiful (here it's still mostly dead brown grass, but today was at least sunny).