| My lizard denim jacket. |
Sunday morning the light was just right
to take these photos
and I decided to share them.
| I've probably had this jacket for 20 years. |
It was fun gathering my loot
and making images of them.
| I bought it at the Pecan Street Festival in Austin, TX |
Some blogger friends were recently discussing real Lizards
and I had to show off my little collection.
| My pewter Horny Toad. |
| Stuffed Horny Toad with my pewter one. |
Wouldn't it have been sad to lose such a lovely
collection of Lizard critters in the fires?
| This Horny Toad blends in with the environment. |
| Normally this lizard sits in my closet and guards my shoes. |
I have a few more Lizards around one
of which is a silver bracelet
with a Horny Toad design.
I wear it quite often.
| This one keeps my "thangs" safe. |
| This Lizard came from Port Aransas, TX and guards my front door. |
I suppose you have figured out that Lizzy Frizzfrock
evolved into "Lizard"
and that got the collection started
many years ago.
| A gathering of Lizards. |
The pillow was a gift from my mother-in-law.
| This little fellow was made in Oaxaca. |
I don't collect these guys much anymore
because I have such a nice collection
and don't feel the need to add to it.
| John Pruessner made this cup with lizard handle in 1976. |
I have a silkscreen print
with a lizard amongst agave plants.
| Southwestern Lizard. |
| Hand made pot with 3 Lizards. |
| Standing as a pot the heads become the pedestal. |
Hope you enjoyed my little guys.
| Another handmade from Oaxaca. |
5 comments:
What a collection. Love the Southwestern lizard and the ones from Oaxaca - as well as the "horney toad."
There's a restaurant in Cave Creek, Az named The Horny Toad. The original owners eventually sold it and the new owners made them sign a non-compete clause. A few short years later, the old owners opened another restaurant down the road in Carefree and called it The Satisfied Frog.
This was in the 80s, so neither of them might not be there now.
How fun!!! The Satisfied Frog. I can just picture a plump frog leaning back rubbing its tummy with a toothpick in its mouth after eating a satisfying meal at "The Satisfied Frog"!
The collection is wonderful... Love them tho i am not into lizards... :-)
JJRod'z
We have a very satisfied frog in our duck pond who likes to sit on the water lillies and rub its tummy! Haven`t spotted the toothpick yet, though. Will look closer.
I am so glad the fire spared your lizard collection, Lizzie Lizard!
Oh, my! I found your blog from Hazy Moon tonight... Your lizard collection is extraordinary. And it was good to smile after I listened to Stever Jobs.
Post a Comment