| Fires in the distance as we drive into Bastrop |
| Early morning, no wind, the smoke settles |
| Driving over the river |
| and into downtown the smoke permeates the town. |
| In the afternoon, after the wind came up |
| crystal blue sky returns. |
| Disaster relief |
| the media, |
| law enforcement |
Firefighters from all over the U.S. have arrived. I've seen crews from Oregon, New Mexico, California, and Georgia. Forestry service personnel are here from various states. The out-pouring of aide is unbelievable. Some of you have experienced aide such as this when you have been effected by tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. It is powerful and brings smiles and tears to the recipients of this kindness, expertise, and compassion.
5 comments:
Thanks for the photos and update. I posted the following on FB - with the observation that I thought the headline was possibly misleading. Note the podium waiting for a governor.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Tempers-are-flaring-in-Bastrop-2164772.php#ixzz1XfpTeOzK
I'm sure you are physically and emotionally exhausted. Please take care.
I hope this will soon stop. thank you for updating us.
God bless!
JJRod'z
Still hoping you can both still get to the house, and begin to rebuild your lives.... What's the status of your house?
As of this morning the news is we shall be able to return to see the property at 10 AM Wednesday. Gerald has a crew arriving at 10:30 to help us assess the damage.
Hi - I'm late here, but have been reading back on all your updates, with real shock - by now you will have been back to the house ... thinking of you, and waiting for the next update..
Post a Comment