Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Morning

Purple fall asters... my absolute favorite.
For those of you who read my previous post:
Zack is here to stay!
(Zack continues to be camera shy, have to work on that.)
...and Miss Kitty has come out from hiding!



Esperanza or Yellow Bell in full bloom.

Everywhere I go around home, Gertie goes.
She does not want to miss out on whatever I am doing.
Gertie

Gertie is taking a few minutes to smell the mint
while keeping me company as I photograph 
what is blooming in our back yard.

Wild Mexican Petunias

I am so-o-o bad at remember in the names of plants,
so if it isn't labeled it's because I've forgotten its name.
(Ellen has told me these are Wild Mexican Petunias, I love it.)

Beauty Berry Bush

Calla Lillis look better now than they have all summer... thanks to cooler temps.

Artemisia and various cacti
Before we left on our trip to GA & FL at the end of August
I severely pruned the artemisia.
Now it is coming on with a vengeance, I suppose
I need to prune the rest of it in the front yard
and maybe it will come back stronger & more lush, too.


The house on the right in the distance was newly
built by neighbors who were burned out in the
fires Labor Day of 2011.
We have three families who are rebuilding and returning
for this we are grateful.









1 comment:

ellen abbott said...

your asters are beautiful! and the plant you can't remember the name of is wild Mexican petunias. the cultivated variety is called ruellia. everything in my yard is putting on a last round of blooms with this nice weather before winter. and the confederate rose is blooming.