While Storm Sandy and a Nor'easter were converging
along the Atlantic coastline
this beautiful Hunter's moon was rising over
the Village where I live.
And as millions of folks were coming to terms
with the devastation caused by these storms
the dogs (Gertie & Zack) and I
were able to walk along the beautiful
Colorado River in downtown Bastrop...
...on a perfectly lovely autumn day.
The river was lazily running downstream
and was low enough in points that
I could see the bottom through
the clear water.
An overlook gave me a great opportunity
to photograph the still and sparkling water.
The walk curves along side the river
for about a mile or so just below Main Street.
The old bridge is now only for pedestrian traffic
and spans the river beside the newer bridge
for automobiles.
It is quite well trafficked as it goes
right to the main intersections of downtown Bastrop.
There were a few people out walking at midday.
This woman was quite diligent and put in
about 3 or 4 miles back and forth on the walkway.
We only walked a couple of miles since
Zack is just getting the hang of these walks,
Gertie was getting tired, and my knee was aching.
Oh well, things will get better.
Have a great day & I hope it is as beautiful
where you are as it is here!
3 comments:
I would have loved to accompany you and the dogs. This all looks so beautiful and peaceful. I`m sure Zack will soon cherish your walks. May your knees feel better by now.
Good luck for the election!
I enlarged your pictures – they look so clear and nice. I don’t think I have seen the Colorado River – it’s beautiful.
Thanks for coming to my blog. Yes, I live in west Cobb County about 30 miles from downtown Atlanta. We are not in a city, but close to several: 6 miles from Kennesaw, 8 miles from Marietta, 8 miles from Acworth, 9 miles from Powder Springs and 7 miles from Dallas which is in another county – Paulding. We went to Augusta many times while our daughter was studying at the Medical College there – now she lives near Nashville. She was married in Savannah – what a lovely town. (I wrote a post about it http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/2010/10/savannah-lafayette-square-and-wedding.html.) I am way behind reading blogs because of our trip but as soon as I am caught up I’ll come back and read more of your posts.
Post a Comment