![]() |
| "Yield", Aluminum by Roxy Paine, American born 1966 at entrance |
As you can tell I have fallen in love with the town of Bentonville, Arkansas.
This is very unlike me who is usually drawn to the desert southwest,
but this town is exceptional.
| "Love", fabrication date 1999 by Robert Indiana, American born 1928 |
This is the museum that Alice built
in the town that Sam put on the map.
Now that may not be literally so,
but it appears that way to me.
| "Stella" (2009), Bronze, edition 10/30 by Andre Harvey, American born 1941 |
In just the short time we were there it seems that the Walton family...
the owners' of the Walmart empire...
has made this the vibrant town that it is.
| "Shore Lunch" (1999), Bronze, edition 5/9 by Dan Ostermiller, American born 1956 |
The town square is a lovely, small square where people
gather to sit, play music, and attend the Farmers' Market.
On Saturday in the early evening we had supper
in a restaurant on the Square.
This Saturday was the town's homecoming weekend
and many, many of the young people, dressed to the 9s,
were in the Square having their photos taken by friends and parents.
| "The Tortoise" |
"The Tortoise and the Hare" (2009), Silicon Bronze, by Nancy Schon born 1928
Before we left on Monday afternoon, the G-man and I walked
around the Crystal Bridges Sculpture Garden.
It was a delightful morning for a stroll.
| "The Hare" |
| Overlook at Crystal Bridges |
As we walked the Crystal Bridges Art Trail
we came to an overlook where one can sit and enjoy
the view of the museum.
While we were sitting there several people came by
for a respite from their walk & to enjoy the view.
| Whoops???No info... |
This was the last sculpture before we walked into the museum
to view the 20th and 21st Century Collection.
I took photos of some of the art from that period on Monday
and I had taken some photos of work from Early American
through the World War II era on Sunday.
I'm sure I shall be posting more about the town and
surrounding area in the days to come... I am so pleased to have
found this little gem of a town in Northwest Arkansas
on my very first trip to the state.

No comments:
Post a Comment