Monday, November 24, 2008

2008 Club Couples Champions

The 2008 Colovista Country Club Couples Championship was held November 22 and 23. The 2-day event brought in 18 couples to participate in the annual event. The Saturday event will be a 6-6-6 competition. Holes 1-6 will be “select drive/alternate shot”. Holes 7-12 will be “best ball” and holes 13-18 will be a “two-person scramble”. Handicaps will be used on the “best ball” holes and handicaps will be determined by adding together the 2 players handicaps, dividing by 2, and then 33% will be taken to determine Saturday’s score.
Sunday play will be “best ball” with each player hitting his/her ball into the hole and placing both player’s gross score on the scorecard. At the bottom of the scorecard place the best net score.
On Saturday Gerald & I shot a 76.2 and on Sunday we, as a team, we shot a net 59 for a two-day total of 135.2. Barbara and David Lewis were the runners-up. Thank you Colovista for the enjoyable day.
It is unbelievable that in just over 3 years I have learned to play golf well enough to be helpful when Gerald & I play as a team. Gerald’s gross/net scores for the event were 79/69 and Cheryl’s were 90/65. Gerald had 3 “natural birdies” and I had 2.
Before we went to bed Sunday night I asked Gerald if 3 years ago he would ever imagined we could win in the Couple’s Championship. Of course, he could do it, but he never would have dreamed I would improve enough for us to accomplish this. Monday is my 62nd birthday and this is a great birthday present for me!!!

No comments: