Monday, November 24, 2008

91 at 62!!!!

At age 62 (my birthday is today) I shot a 91 on the Pine Forest Golf Course!
Well, I just didn’t think it could get any better than yesterday, but today I played golf with “The Nooners” at Pine Forest Golf Course. I didn’t get to play with Gerald today because he was on another team, but I did play with two other gentlemen (Jay and Pat). The day was beautiful and sunny, but VERY windy. Jay can hit the ball a mile high & long and the wind really messed with a lot of his shots today. I struggled a lot in the beginning making a 7 on a Par 5 and an 8 on the second hole (Par 4). It was terrible! But I must have settled down somewhat because by the time we finished nine holes I had a 49. I played much better on the back and shot a 42 for a combined score of 91. That was 5 under my handicap! The upshot of it all was that we won! I managed to get a “greenie” on #12 (the money-hole), Pat got a “greenie” on #16, and we managed to come in with the lowest combined score. It was a GREAT GOLF day for me.
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: