Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving ... Giving thanks

What are the things for which I am thankful? Let me see...
First there is my wonderful husband who is so calm, thoughtful, and caring. He is the best thing in my life. Maybe it's the age we are, maybe it's the trials we've experienced, maybe it's being retired; whatever, life is just so good right now and we are able to enjoy each other's company.
Secondly, good health... Both my husband & I are in good health and we both are so very thankful for that. We sometimes look around and see what some of our friends are going through and we are so happy that we can experience life in good health at this point in time.
Third, friends & family... Some live very near to us and some farther away; some we see often while there are others who we see infrequently because of the distance they live from us.
Fourth, being retired... I'm loving not having to wake up to an alarm clock, get up before daybreak, and rush off to work with zillions of other people.
The thing I ask for is rain... we are in a drought and are in great need of a good rainfall; slow & steady for a few days.

No comments: