On November 8th (our 3rd anniversary) Gerald and I were walking around the downtown area of Bastrop enjoying a lovely fall day, watching the crowds, looking at antique cars, and observing Veterans' Day. As I was about to cross the street I noticed this man and his young son and asked if I could photograph them.
We discussed the recent election where Barack Obama was elected to be the 44th President of the United States. This man's t-shirt said it all, "We had a dream, now it's a reality!" It was especially sweet for him because November 4th was his birthday. He said he REALLY did party.
As far as I am concerned enough cannot be said about the significance of this election. The United States did not just elect a black man ... we elected a black man who is one of the most intelligent men and articulate speakers I have ever seen. I feel privileged to have been able to vote for him in this election.
Whoever is in this position of power needs to have the qualities that I believe Barack Obama possesses. Those qualities include, but are not limited to, intelligence, leadership ability, understanding, & willingness to listen. I think Obama has the potential to make a great president. The world is waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment