Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day at Our House


We are home from a 2 week trip to France! It is so good to be home! It's 7:30 AM and I am sitting at our breakfast table, enjoying our "christmas flowers" & Santa and waiting for Gerald to awaken. I know it will be quite a while before he rises. He loves to sleep in and after our 13 hour flight home he needs a little extra "shut eye". He didn't fare so well and came home with a cold.

Christmas Eve dinner at the Long's home was lovely. We had B J's traditional Mexican dinner complete with tamales. (I understand the Bush's are having tamales at their last Christmas gathering at Camp David. Yippee!) Well, I won't go into that...

Gerald and I had a good time on our trip, but have decided those long - long flights are absolutely no fun. It takes too much out of us. We're going to opt for driving trips within Texas and to Taos in the future. I have some good photos from our trip which I will upload soon on my website. I've got to get it all together. I have my own photo of the Eiffel Tower to upload!

Christmas Day we stayed home, rested, and had roast beef with the trimmings for our dinner. Not quite traditional, but was Gerald's request. "Santa" brought each of us goodies from the local chocolatier. We saw wonderful chocolates all over France, but vowed to wait until we returned home & buy locally. Our chocolatier is from Holland and does fabulous work! We have had lovely afternoon treats with his chocolates and holiday tea that he sells. All this in our lovely little town!

Today we made it to the gym for a workout. We need to get back into the swing of things. A cold front blew in around 1 PM so tonight we'll have some good homemade vegetable soup using some left-over roast for flavor. Simple, but good. Yummy!

No comments: