
Well it's time for the annual making of resolutions and I haven't a clue as to what to resolve.
Last Sunday morning Gerald & I watched one of our favorite morning shows ... CBS Sunday Morning. Charles Osgood is a wonderful host and always has such interesting stories. One such this past Sunday was OPINION: Nancy Giles on New Years Resolutions (Nancy Giles proposes a New Year’s Resolutions Revolution!) Now I didn't remember everything she said, but I did get the last 3 items and decided to take them to heart.
- Work like you don't need the money
- Love like you've never been hurt
- Dance like no one is watching
If each of us worked like we don't need the money then I'd say we're working in order to gain fulfillment in our lives or perhaps to help others or because we love what we are doing or for a more intrinsic personal reason. Wouldn't any of those be a valid reason to "work like you don't need the money"?
If we love like we've never been hurt then surely we'll be happier and more fulfilled people. I dare say there is not a single adult or teen for that matter who has not been hurt in some fashion ... by either an outside love interest or by an event within the family. Gaining outside professional help, along with time for healing, disappointments in love can be overcome. Then just "gut up" and look for love again. It's a scary process, but if you are lucky like I there will be rewards at the end and you can "love like you've never been hurt".
If we take risks and don't worry about who is "watching" we'll be happier for it. That is a tall order, but with some amount of self assurance and a great deal of support from people around you, you can "dance like no one is watching".
Happy new year for 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment