Thursday, March 26, 2009

A P. S. on Teaching

Thank you all for commenting on my "Teaching" post. I felt guilty because the post does make it sound as though professional teachers are the only teachers and wanted to add this as a sort of postscript to my last post. I did not mean to diminish the importance of the people who teach in any aspect of our lives.

We all have "personal teachers" such as mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, doctors, lawyers, dentists, caregivers of all kinds, and spiritual leaders/teachers - pastor's/priests/clergy who have been huge participants in our lives. There are a wide range of teachers/mentors out there in the world. Most good businesses have mentors who work with new employees to help them adjust & learn. New teachers have mentors to help them along in adjusting to their profession. Teaching is not just left to us professional teacher-types. We are all teachers. We all teach some good & some not so good things. The good things we usually try to teach, but inadvertently we teach the wrong thing from time to time. Here's to the good things we manage to teach.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Hear,hear!
You are a darling, I am sure you haven't offended anyone. You certainly have never offended me.
Love hearts are :alt 3.

If you use a laptop, it may be : function Alt 3.

Love to you.♥

Delwyn said...

Hello Lizzy
I agree Lizzy, teaching comes in many forms, styles, and people, and also from some very unintentional sources...
We are often taught the most harrowing lessons from unintentional teachers and experiences.
Happy days

Cheryl Cato said...

Nice to have such understanding friends... thank you
Natalie I'll try the heart £... don't know if that worked. We'll see what comes up when I post this comment.
Lizzy £

Cheryl Cato said...

Nope ... it didn't work, maybe it's because I use a Mac.
xxx Lizzy

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Hey there. You have some great heron pictures, thanks for telling me about them. I was also amused by the post underneath one of the heron stories having to do with the armadillo craft bazaar. Now that's not something you see every day (or do you?).

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes, it takes a whole village, doesn't it?

Renee said...

Life is one giant classroom.

xoxoxo