I can only imagine the experience as we have nothing to compare it with. As with art, scale is everything: what works on one scale does not work on another. Thanks for the images.
Hi Lizzy I wonder if you can see so well because the air is so dry and clear. I have noticed here in the last two days, that it has cooled and the air is dry that I can see up into the hinterland so much more clearly.
Yes, once one drives west of, let's say, Fort Stockton the country opens wide. There is various terrain in Texas: mountain ranges in the west, the hill country in the central area, piney woods where I live, swamp lands & bayous in the east, and great plains north & northwest.
Yes, Texas is a vast state and as diverse in its population as it is in its terrain.
13 comments:
Breathtaking. Lovely.
Beautiful sunsets! I do know that feeling of vastness here in Botswana, too..
my word that last one took my breath away.... wonderful
xx
I can only imagine the experience as we have nothing to compare it with. As with art, scale is everything: what works on one scale does not work on another. Thanks for the images.
So beautiful, dear
Have a nice week
xoxo
Wow, those pictures are nice. Just proves once again that the Earth does not belong to us; we belong to the Earth.
Gorgeous!!
The sky looks like a painting in that first photo. All are beautiful!!
Hi Lizzy
I wonder if you can see so well because the air is so dry and clear. I have noticed here in the last two days, that it has cooled and the air is dry that I can see up into the hinterland so much more clearly.
Lovely shots Lizzy
Happy Days
Wow, those are gorgeous!
Thank you for reminding me that there are mountains and mesas in Texas. I always imagine it flat and brown, so stupid of me. Texas is huge.
Thanks for the gorgeous sunset!
Thank you all.
Yes, once one drives west of, let's say, Fort Stockton the country opens wide. There is various terrain in Texas: mountain ranges in the west, the hill country in the central area, piney woods where I live, swamp lands & bayous in the east, and great plains north & northwest.
Yes, Texas is a vast state and as diverse in its population as it is in its terrain.
Oh... and I forgot to mention coastline along the Gulf of Mexico.
I just loved the way in which it progressed from light to twilight. Magical.
Greetings from London.
Post a Comment