On Thursday the G-man and I played golf at the Barton Creek Resort & Spa. There are 4 or 5 courses at Barton Creek and we played the Crenshaw Cliffside Course. We teed off at 9 AM and the weather was really nice. The sky was clear & blue and there was a nice breeze to keep us cool. As you can see in the following photos the scenery is beautiful Texas hill country perfect! Going back & looking at these photos I am amazed at how well manicured this course is. Oh to have my yard look half so good!




The G-man teeing off on the front 9.

Here I am teeing off from the forward tees.

Me in a cool fashionable golf outfit!

Another fairway looking downward from the tee box. The hills are in the distance.

The G-man posing for me.


Looking down from the tee box on a Par 3 hole.
One needs to hit the ball & get it in the hole in 3 shots.
(A little info for novices)

Another pretty hole where the tee shot is from the top.
From my tee box it is 294 yards to the Par 4 hole.

A beautiful oak tree at the edge of the green.

Under the old oak tree is lovely, cool shade.

This is from the green on the 18th hole.
The golfer has to hit the ball over a ravine to get on the green.
Challenging for us relatively new players.

Gardens around the 18th green.


Me fooling around as we drive away.

Now we have driven into downtown Austin for lunch. We parked by the old Treaty Oak on Baylor Street, it is 1/2 block from the condos I lived in for 20 years. The Treaty Oak was once known as the most perfect specimen of oak, but about 15 years ago a man poisoned the tree and it has struggled to remain alive. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, much effort, good wishes and love is what saved this tree.

Mr. Bustin's house across from Treaty Oak. He was an old man who lived in the neighborhood from birth til his death. He & I visited at Treaty Oak every day.

Ahh, and now for lunch at our favorite Austin restaurant... Z Tejas. Great food & a fun place right next to the condos where I lived.

Deck seating at Z Tejas.

A beautiful window looking outside to the deck.

An original stained glass window in the restaurant.

The Z Tejas window again from the outside. This of course is new.

... and I leave you with a little Austin art.
Bicycles are placed around the downtown area as an art project.
I hope you have enjoyed our little outing. It was great fun, but as the G-man said the other day, "we seem to have fun even when we're running errands!" And in the words of my niece when she was very small, "I love my life"! Oh yeah.
10 comments:
what a sweet day lizzie!!! golf and good food with your love!! great photographs and stunning views across the hills.
i have never played golf - miniature golf in holland, germany, wales, england, scotland and in several ermican states and of course, here in canada. but never a round of golf. it's on my "when i'm retired" list of things to try.
have a peaceful evening. steven
Oh Yeah! Golfing and lunching, not a bad life. Enjoy!
Yes, Steven, it was a sweet day! You know I didn't take up golf until a year or two before I retired and it has turned out to be the ticket for me... that & going to the gym!
Ah, yes Rosaria, it is the good life!
Hi Lizzy
aren't you lucky that you and G can both get out and about following your common interest and enjoying all of these towns. Mr Bustin had a charming house...and you look very fit and sporty in your golfing get up..
Happy days
Looks and sounds like a pearler of a day! I enjoyed every bit of it.xx♥
What a lovely day! Thank you for sharing this Lizzy.There are some great photos in that post.You both look very relaxed and happy.
Delwyn, Natalie, & Pam... all three of you "Aussie" ladies are stacked up like pancakes on a Saturday morning! I love hearing from you all.
It was a great day in Austin & at the golf course... just delightful for a mid-July day. We are off again this morning & tomorrow (Saturday & Sunday) for G-man to compete in a regional tournament, hence the practice round on Thursday. Thanks for your notes!
HI Lizzie~ I've seen you about, I think most recently at Delwyn's, and wanted to stop by and visit! And what a joyful visit it is! Your drive looked really good when you were teeing off. beautiful golf course, beautiful day! wide, open sky with deep-teal mountains in the background! and a flower garden! It's just so gorgeous! I thought it was funny you have bicycle art in Texas when for years it was cow art elsewhere (and I'm sure there, too). The blue-green background to your blog feels healthy and outdoorsy, too! Thanks for a wonderful day.
Margaret, thank you for stopping by for a visit. I'll be by your place soon. Happy you enjoyed your visit here. :')
There are some amazing trees on that glof course.
Post a Comment