Today along with the Arctic blast we got wild turkeys in the back yard. Usually there are 3 (a hen & her year old chicks), but today only the two younger ones came by for a visit. The G-man looked out the window and saw them on the patio. I was able to go out the side door & take a few photos of them. They seem pretty tame and didn't spook as I crept onto the patio. Fun things happen in our back yard.
6 comments:
I had one in my yard not to long ago - I really like wild turkeys.
They're beautiful birds. What a great back yard you have. I know you're a big time traveler and all, but you also get to just chill in the back yard and the world still comes to you!
That's great. Hope it's not too cold where you are. Atlanta is in the teen temps lately. As a northern transplant, I snicker when people here say they are frozen to the bone when it's 45 degrees outside. It's snowing tonight (maybe a 1/4 inch), but people are already in hysterics. The supermarkets are emptying out! You'd think a big ol' twister was headin' our way!
I saw my first owl out here the other day. Big one sitting on the wire outside.
hey lizzy!!! i've never seen a real wild turkey and yet they're all over the place. it's crazy!!!! i've been told that for all their dumbness they're actually very wily and clever about hiding. have a lovely evening. steven
Are these birds quite common in the central part of the state? Are they seen in other regions commonly? My folks live between Livingston and Cleveland in the piney woods. I've seen all kinds of critters there including alligators, but never wild turkeys.
Thank, Lizzy, for your thoughtful comments on my recent post...
Cheers,
Rick
Hi Lizzy - what great pics of the wild turkeys! I wish you a wonderful 2010, and hope that all those resolutions are still going strong! :)
Post a Comment