Texas! I have family there - mom, dad, brother, nieces . . . I lived in Fort Worth and Jacksonville (or Jackson?) when a child- for a short time .... :) nice photos!
Having lived in New York state longer than I've lived anywhere, I never pass up an opportunity to "educate" those less fortunate than us Texans about a bit of our history.
In jest, I sometimes exclaim "Damn I'm glad I'm not an American!!" That always draws either blank or angry stares, and the obvious question "Well, what ARE you?"
I always laugh and say I'm not American, I'm Texan!
Eyes roll.
Then I tell 'em about how we were an independent nation for 9 years, with dates, and ask if they know who our president was and such.
It's painful for these easterners, but they need to learn!
Love the post...love how your writing and photos bring me home.......
Austin is not really Texas...It is on its own! I wonder if the dead Austin guy was musical? What a gorgeous cemetary- I LOVE Austin! I would even love to be in the cemetary there forever. What a cool city!Beautiful shots!
Hi Lizzy/Cheryl, so nice of you to come visit "Happy Days" and hope you will come back and visit again. Appreciate your visit. I live in West Virginia and we have "Jays" all over the place. I lived in Texas for 12 years. First San Antonio, then Houston and finally Midland from 1st - 10th grade. Loved it there and hated leaving to go to Pittsburgh, Pa, which I hated and cried everyday for what seemed forever. Having to wear gross boots and carcoats...ugh give me warm weather and bare feet. I noticed your mom's birthday was Dec 11th, my mom's is Dec 6th. This year she turned 84. My dad died in 2004. The house you see in my header is our house in the Mountains. We've had it for six years. It's about a 3 hour drive from our home. I get up there a lot more than Bob as I am retired and just hop in the car with my pooch Lincoln and off we go for 3-5 days. It's beautiful up there in the mountains! Please visit me again my fellow Texan!!...debbie
11 comments:
A 160 in pictorial form. COOL! Thanks for playing. I post mine after midnight, so it is officially a Sunday post. Stop by tomorrow.
MM
hello lizzy - i had no idea that's where the austin of "austin" came from. have a lovely texan day. steven
Texas! I have family there - mom, dad, brother, nieces . . . I lived in Fort Worth and Jacksonville (or Jackson?) when a child- for a short time .... :) nice photos!
So interesting. Hope also that you're having a nice texan day, dear.
xoxo
Having lived in New York state longer than I've lived anywhere, I never pass up an opportunity to "educate" those less fortunate than us Texans about a bit of our history.
In jest, I sometimes exclaim "Damn I'm glad I'm not an American!!" That always draws either blank or angry stares, and the obvious question "Well, what ARE you?"
I always laugh and say I'm not American, I'm Texan!
Eyes roll.
Then I tell 'em about how we were an independent nation for 9 years, with dates, and ask if they know who our president was and such.
It's painful for these easterners, but they need to learn!
Love the post...love how your writing and photos bring me home.......
Rick
I love your 160! And your photos are fantastic! GREAT job!
Some fascinating pictures and some interesting history all wrapped up in elegant, if pithy, prose.
What more could you ask of a blog?
Austin is not really Texas...It is on its own! I wonder if the dead Austin guy was musical?
What a gorgeous cemetary- I LOVE Austin! I would even love to be in the cemetary there forever. What a cool city!Beautiful shots!
Hi Lizzy/Cheryl, so nice of you to come visit "Happy Days" and hope you will come back and visit again. Appreciate your visit. I live in West Virginia and we have "Jays" all over the place. I lived in Texas for 12 years. First San Antonio, then Houston and finally Midland from 1st - 10th grade. Loved it there and hated leaving to go to Pittsburgh, Pa, which I hated and cried everyday for what seemed forever. Having to wear gross boots and carcoats...ugh give me warm weather and bare feet. I noticed your mom's birthday was Dec 11th, my mom's is Dec 6th. This year she turned 84. My dad died in 2004. The house you see in my header is our house in the Mountains. We've had it for six years. It's about a 3 hour drive from our home. I get up there a lot more than Bob as I am retired and just hop in the car with my pooch Lincoln and off we go for 3-5 days. It's beautiful up there in the mountains! Please visit me again my fellow Texan!!...debbie
Cool! Pictures are superb.
i love cemeteries...
great shot!
have a great day and a fab weekend ahead!
Come on over and watch my piece of sky with me!
xoxo
fickle
Post a Comment