
along the Danube
the lover's walked,
old ladies sat
on benches,
old men strolled
arm in arm
the sun shone
on that first day
in November,
All Saint's Day
bright, shiny, glittering
was the water
young men performed
their break dancing,
people window-shopped
on cobblestone streets
leaves glowed
orange, yellow, red
as the autumn chill
brought beautiful color
all seems right with the world.
Peace.
11 comments:
what a peaceful poem filled with everyday sounds and pleasures....great magpie!
I walked along the Danube with you.
Nice writing
Chris
There's a nice, lazy rhythm to this. The lay out of the poem reflects the peaceful scene.
Ah, how refreshing!
peaceful indeed.
Great magpie! Wonderful flow down the Danube.
http://adivashammer.com/archives/1124/comment-page-1#comment-8521
tender and blissful...a piece that let's peek at the romantic soul who created it! :)
Lovely, Lizzy--a real feeling of serenity.
I can imagine that I am there too, walking along the Danube.
Thank you for your kind comments. It was a lovely stroll through a beautiful city and along the blue Danube.
lizzy - this is so nice. i would love to be inside that scene myself. steven
Excellent--your work created a wonderful image in my mind.
Post a Comment