The fog was very thick on Monday and was supposed to burn off by 9 AM, but at 1 PM it was still pretty thick. The following are photographs that I took at the store. It was a delightful place and they have a great restaurant within the building.
For years I have heard about the Camel Corps that was in existence in the mid-1800s. Camp Verde is the place where the experiment of using camels as beasts of burden for the military took place. The following is a brief history of the fort and the camel experiment. I think you will be able to read the text if you click on the photo to enlarge it.
3 comments:
Well, you learn something new every day. I had never heard of the camel experiment until I read your story. And to think, a few camels used to roam the US! I'd like to see them around today. Of course the government spend of $30,000 would probably be $30 million today!
Love the window/garden photo, Lizzy. And the trees in the fog pic is peaceful.
I was in Shepherd, Texas Monday/Tuesday to help my Mother with my Dad in a nursing home... The Piney Woods of East Texas were the same as your photo on both days. Overcast, foggy, damp, cool. Quiet.
Now, back in western New York, it's just snow and cold. I'm already longing for that "cold" Texas winter weather.
And the smell of the live oaks. Goodness, what a fragrance to stir memories....
Rick
So, the Mr. played in the fog, and you toured the town, and enjoyed these beautiful sights. Camel place is quite interesting.
Post a Comment