Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And just the other evening...


Turkeys on the Roof
Two Young Toms

I may have to rename my blog to "Turkeys on the Roof". These little guys and some of their pals are coming around during the day & early evening. One day I found a turkey feather in the yard. At first I thought it was a hawk's tail feather, but the G-man identified it as a turkey feather.

D-guy, my sculptor friend and ex-husband, in Australia suggested that I have turkey windvanes made for the roof. When he first saw the photo on FaceBook he thought they were cutout sculptures. He makes windvanes in his studio which are exceptional. Wish he could do them for me, but the freight to get them here would be exorbitant.

Daniel Jenkins Sculpture & Windvanes link.
Very interesting work & the sculptures are beautiful in the water garden.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you mentioned the windvane. As soon as I saw the picture, that's immediately what I thought too. You should go ahead and have him make a turkey windvane to reflect the photo. It may cost a bit to ship, but you'll always have a great story behind it.

steven said...

lizzy what a coincidence between the photo in your header and these turkeys posing on your roof. i do see a windvane there. darn it all about the shipping!!! steven

Ryan said...

Checked out Daniel's site, very unique sculptures. Hey maybe a big plump turkey will wander into your place in time for thanksgiving?

Slamdunk said...

Neat stuff.

That must have been an amazing sight. We have some turkey hotspots that we see wild Toms sometimes.

Val said...

how wonderful! turkeys are so exoctic with their glossy feathers. yes a wind vane!! what a great idea. will go to that website. windvanes are so cool x