A couple of days before we left Taos, the G-man and I went by a photography studio and talked to the photographer there about printing some of my photographs. He had a sign in his gallery window giving prices and sizes of work that he prints for other "photographers". I've printed up a few of my pieces but they were in a format no larger than 8 X 10 inches and I am curious about how my work would look larger.
These four photographs are the ones we chose to be printed. The top two are from our recent trip to New Mexico. I have a few others from the Taos area that I am thinking of printing now that I am back home. Some of these I'll share at a later date (after I see how they turn out in print). Those photographs are more vibrant in color and are colors that one thinks of when thinking about the architecture of Taos and Sante Fe.
The bottom two are photographs taken in the southern part of the U. S. from our trip to the Magnolia Swamp Garden (above) just outside Charleston, South Carolina. The other is of the Wood Stork taken at Jekyll Island, Georgia. These are all very 'green' in more ways than one. Green in color and in the experience of the photographer!
I just took them out of the tube and feel rather pleased with the outcome. The G-man wants to hang the Wood Stork in his office. Don't know about the rest of them, but we'll see. I have some photos hanging in the den that could be replaced with the other 2 or 3.
The next ones that I have printed will be a bit smaller and with more color. Then I may try for a black and white, but that will require a good eye to get the varying shades to make it pop.
1 comment:
Forgive my ignorance and thankyou for teaching me something new but the vision of New Mexico I had was of desert plains, I had no idea that there was so much stunning greenery and beautiful wildlife.
Post a Comment