Sunday, August 1, 2010

Taos Farmer's Market on Saturday Morning

Between mid-May and the end of October
one can visit the wonderful Taos Farmer's Market.

It is best to get there early because it is very popular.

Beautiful flowers both fresh and dried are available.

Then there are vegetables & herbs of all description.




Hispanic, Indian, and Anglo vendors show their beautiful vegetables.



This visit the only fruit available are apricots.
The area had a late spring so it will be a while
before the local peaches are ready.







Plants for sale.

The local palm reader is here every week.
She is a lovely person.
Next year I may get my fortune told.

Radishes, beets, carrots... yum!

Fresh garlic.

The most tender squash that I have tasted.
I hope I'll be back before the end of October
but I may have to settle for coming back next summer.

6 comments:

ellen abbott said...

wonderful

Wanda..... said...

What caught my eye most were the large baskets of Herbs and the beautiful large onions!

Anonymous said...

I could spend an entire afternoon in a farmers market. I wish life were that slow some of the time.

steven said...

so luscious lizzy! the flowers, the flower arrangements (my personal fave pictures here by the way) and the heaps of vegetables!!! what a beautiful place to visit and shop for tasties! steven

Ryan said...

We recently had a French farmers market here, the cheese was to die for and the wine.....ooo la la.

Angela said...

I can smell the smells! What a most beautiful visit you are taking us there, Cheryl! I would buy some apricots. They don`t grow here.
The vendors` faces are all so impressive. Let`s go together to have our fortune read!