Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Coffee Dog


The Coffee Dog
Espresso & Coffee Bar
Bastrop, Texas

This coffee shop is a new addition to Bastrop.
A few years ago we had another coffee shop
but they did not last.
I think their location was not convenient.

This new coffee shop is in a prime location for
folks to whip in as they enter Bastrop on Loop 150
which goes directly into downtown.

The shop itself is located in a very
nondescript shopping center,
but as I said convenience is important
even if aesthetics (of the center) are not.


The interior is very cool!
Menus are on the wall behind the counter.
The colors are great!


The Coffee Dog also has its own roastery.
I absolutely hate to admit it,
but at home I prefer to use Starbucks
and grind my own coffee beans.


Yes, we are very hopeful that this shop
will be successful.
It will have us for lunch or a light supper
on a fairly regular basis.

5 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Nice coffee shop Lizzie, There must be a story behind the unusual name "Coffee Dog". I make my own coffee specialties at home, grind the beans fresh, but I lack a big beautiful red roaster! :)

Tess Kincaid said...

I really can smell the coffee from here. Really.

Cheryl Cato said...

Willow, it does smell wonderful!

Wanda, I grind my beans fresh too. Much tastier than pre-ground ones. Yep, it's a pretty roaster!

Folkways Note Book said...

Love good coffee coffee houses. What took them so long to get established! -- barbara

Unknown said...

OH! I wish I knew about it when we were staying at Lost Pines in July during our anniversary celebration. If we go back, then I'll have to look for this. Looks nice!