It is a balmy day
and after having breakfast
at a local cafe

the G-man, Gertie & I
went for a walk along the Colorado
river walk just one block off Main Street.

Amazingly I did not disturb
this tiny lizard sunning on a piece of bark.

The walkway curves along the river
and as it turns out there are
other reptiles taking advantage of the sun.

Above a lone turtle
and below a line-up of the critters.

The Colorado runs underneath the highway
which is busy on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
The traffic will only get worse as the day progresses.
Our town has hundreds if not thousands
of people who pass through traveling between
Austin, Houston, or College Station.


The girl and me.
Gertie does love our walks.
Right now I am battling an injured heel.
It is probably plantar fascitis
and I need to really stretch my Achilles tendon
before I stand up after sitting for a while.
I also need to wear shoes that raise my heel
at least one inch above the rest of my foot.

This tree (and I don't know what it is) has beautiful color.
(Per
ellen, it is a rain tree.)

We end our walk back in the downtown area.
This little house overlooks the Colorado.
I should have taken a photo of the back
because it has a lovely patio & balcony
(you can see the corner of said balcony to the left)
that juts out over a sloping lawn that
runs down to the trail.
4 comments:
It has been nice today here too. the tree is what we always called a rain tree. I have one here on the back end of the property.
Oh I like that little house and its sunny porch, how lovely. My hubbie built a little ramp thing to stand on in order to stretch his foot; it helps with the plantar fascitis. I hope yours feels better soon.
lizzy - thanks for taking us along on the walk! i'm a runner, a wlaker, and a cyclist and i've known many people with p.f. good for you to push on regardless!!! steven
I love those walks with you, Lizzy!
At our place, the storm howls and the snowflakes are dancing. No way to go out for lovely walks. Paco and I tried but got almost lifted up like a kite. we expect -11° C tonight!
Post a Comment